Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Cover Art: The Ex-apprentices - Going all professional now

There is a story behind this cover art. Someone near and dear to my heart saw my book on Amazon and bought it (becoming even more dear to my heart!) His comment was that more people would buy it if I had a better cover. My argument was that I have zero artistic talent and less time. His argument was that I have no time because I am working and that I should take the money I am making and pay a graphic artist. So, I did.

Here is the new cover. Yes, it looks far better than anything I could have ever done. I haven't yet decided if I like it or I love it.

 I'm going to re-post my book on Amazon and Smashwords this weekend, when I have time (sigh).

(Scratch that! In an amazing feat of tearing myself away from work I took 30 seconds and changed the cover on Smashwords. I also uploaded it on Amazon CreateSpace so I may actually have a print copy available by Christmas. That's what I'm giving all of my nieces and nephews for Christmas presents !)


The cover art was done by  J. Flores Productions, by the way. They do great work at a really reasonable price.

No comments:

Post a Comment